Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Whew! What a Wii will do.

Yesterday the kids were with Grandma, and painted.

Sarah's house

Sarah's, she says "It's just . . . art."



the outside of a card Sarah made me


the inside of the card


Sarah's self portrait




An army for Andrew's boat (details later)


Andrew's and he wrote "mom" upper right hand corner.
Andrew's,this is actually sideways - for some reason the compu won't let me correct it.  It's a sun.
 When my husband and I returned we placed a globe we found at a thrift store and that attracted so much interest. The first question posed was - can you find where we live?  And then talking about "from here to there" . . .

Today we went swimming at a nearby pool for 4 hours and we *were* going to go to the beach, so before we left we watched Bill Nye the science guy about Ocean Currents.

One of the things we did while at the pool (site change because I really don't like the sand at the beach and papa wanted to stay home, pool is easier for me) is the kids circled around the kiddy pool creating their own current.  Way fun.  They were so excited about it.

And now, wearily dragging myself in - (why does a day at the pool wear me out more than the kids?)  We hook up the Wii borrowed from my brother, and play a few rounds of wii sports.  

Well, amend that, the boys were too tired and weepy so they laid down and are sleeping.  Sarah and I played some bowling and tennis, but I really want to blog before dinner - so right now, Just Sarah is whacking at the tennis = she is playing 2 players with just herself, wii remotes in each hand. Interesting.




No comments: