Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My kids are visual learners.

Hence we use the computer and internet as learning tools.

A while ago Sarah old told me she wanted to learn multiplication.  So I purchased from itunes "Multiplication by Heart".  And the songs worked, as I've posted previously, she's been singing her facts for a couple of days now.

Yup, pretty much every day she's singing the multiplications . . .

So today I showed her how to use her "songs" in multiplication problems . . .First on Fish Shop where she completed all three levels of "easy" and then we switched to Farm Freak Out.  I think she enjoyed Fish shop better, but Farm Freak out let her pick which multiplication fact she wanted to work on.  We chose 1, 2, 4, and 5.

Andrew was hovering around all this while so I set him up on the other computer with a little bit of "Action Fraction" but it was above his level, so we switched after a game to "Cannon Math" which was much more his level.  He loved it.

His dad pointed out to Andrew how he didn't have to start from 1 each time but how to "count on" from the big number.




Sometimes we had to get our "songs" right to get the right answer and often Sarah would need to sing her facts our; but if it wasn't timed, Sarah did SUPER.

It was kinda funny to be telling grandma . . . "Grandma, would you turn the TV down . . we're trying to do *MATH* in here!"

No comments: